Our public affairs and public relations strategists have influenced public opinion, public policy and business decisions around the world. Our award-winning and record-setting team has worked with some of the most influential organizations in the world. Crossbow has worked with government, industry and NGOs in Africa, North America and Asia.
Gary Chandler, President and CEO: Chandler is a record-breaking and award-winning strategist. With vision, strategic planning and opportunism, he has generated millions of dollars in revenue, stockholder equity and media coverage for multinational corporations, associations and nonprofit organizations. Chandler thrives in the arena of stakeholder communications and issue management.
Chandler builds strategic plans that make business plans happen. He integrates marketing, public affairs and stakeholder communications to further position companies as leaders, the voice of reason and the solution of choice on Main Street, Wall Street and Capitol Hill. He drives stakeholder strategies and messages across all channels for maximum impact:
- Defended vital patient rights from a legislative threat in Congress. The award-winning campaign earned coverage in Time, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Today, CBS Evening News, Nightline, Good Morning America, CNN and more;
- Averted a costly international trade war over tropical timber. Advised the Indonesia Forestry Commission about reputation management and stakeholder engagement to counter misinformation and misunderstandings. Developed the Global Forestry Conference and brought hundreds of stakeholders and journalists to Indonesia to review and reform best practices;
- Saved the National Civic League from financial collapse. Generated millions of dollars worth of sponsorship and media coverage over several years;
- Built the National Cattlemen’s Association into one of the most powerful trade associations in the United States;
- Saved taxpayers in Colorado millions of dollars, while expanding healthcare to record numbers of people with an award-winning campaign that promoted Medicaid reform;
- Generated millions of dollars in additional funding for Colorado’s behavioral healthcare system by rebranding the community providers. Emphasized the cost-effectiveness of early intervention and personalized treatment;
- Preserved millions of dollars in stockholder equity for Newmont Mining by influencing public opinion and public policy about mine reclamation plans;
- Subcontracted with some of the most influential consultants in Colorado, including Tracy-Locke/BBDO Advertising and Public Relations, Hays, Hays and Wilson, MGA Communications, GBSM and the National Civic League;
- Built Big Brothers of Metropolitan Denver into the largest chapter in the United States. Recruited the Denver Broncos, sponsors and volunteers to join the campaign, which generated more than $1 million and dozens of new matches;
- Building global coalitions to tackle urgent health and environmental challenges.
Chandler has earned two awards from the Public Relations Society of America for cost-effective campaigns. He also earned a CIPRA (Creativity In Public Relations Award). He is the founder of Earth News, Sacred Seedlings and Greener Cities. He also is the author of the Language and Travel Guide to Indonesia.
Crossbow has a network of professionals around the world who are specialists in marketing, public relations, public affairs and issue management. We will build your team to meet your needs. Our custom approach is extremely cost-effective. Aim higher with Crossbow.
Crossbow Communications is one of the leading public relations and public affairs firms in the United States. We have influenced public opinion and public policy around the world for more than 30 years. Today, we are tackling some of the most urgent issues of our time, including vital health and environmental challenges. Our offices are in Denver, Colorado and Phoenix, Arizona.