Turn Issues Into Opportunities
Gary Chandler, President and CEO: Chandler is a record-breaking and award-winning strategist who has influenced public opinion, public policy and business decisions around the world. With vision, strategic planning and opportunism, he has generated millions of dollars in revenue, stockholder equity and media coverage for his clients. Chandler thrives in the arena of stakeholder communications, crisis communications and issue management. He leads all strategic planning and messaging. His accomplishments include:
- Defended vital patient rights from a legislative threat in Congress. The award-winning campaign earned coverage in Time, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Today, CBS Evening News, Nightline, Good Morning America, CNN and more;
- Averted a costly international trade war over tropical timber. Advised the Indonesia Forestry Commission about reputation management and stakeholder engagement to counter misinformation and misunderstandings. Developed the Global Forestry Conference and brought hundreds of stakeholders and journalists to Indonesia to review and reform best practices;
- Saved the National Civic League from financial collapse. Generated millions of dollars worth of sponsorship and media coverage over several years;
- Helped build one of the most powerful national trade associations in the United States;
- Saved taxpayers in Colorado millions of dollars, while expanding healthcare to record numbers of people with an award-winning campaign that promoted Medicaid reform;
- Generated millions of dollars in additional funding for Colorado’s behavioral healthcare system by rebranding the community providers. Emphasized the cost-effectiveness of early intervention and personalized treatment;
- Preserved millions of dollars in stockholder equity for Newmont Mining by influencing public opinion and public policy about mine reclamation plans;
- Subcontracted with some of the most influential consultants in Colorado, including Tracy-Locke/BBDO Advertising and Public Relations, Hays, Hays and Wilson, MGA Communications, GBSM and the National Civic League;
- Built Big Brothers of Metropolitan Denver into the largest chapter in the United States. Recruited the Denver Broncos, sponsors and volunteers to join the campaign, which generated more than $1 million and dozens of new matches;
- Building global coalitions to tackle urgent health and environmental challenges.
Chandler has earned two awards from the Public Relations Society of America for cost-effective campaigns. He also earned a CIPRA (Creativity In Public Relations Award). He is the founder of Earth News, Sacred Seedlings and Greener Cities. He also produced 12 books for New York publishers.
Crossbow has a proven network of senior professionals around the world who are specialists in marketing, public relations, public affairs and issue management. We will build a strategic plan and a cost-effective team to meet your needs. Aim higher with Crossbow.