Our strategists have influenced public opinion, public policy and business decisions around the world. Our award-winning and record-setting team has worked with some of the most influential organizations in the world, including trade associations, political consultants, publishers, advertising agencies and public relations firms. He has worked with government, industry and NGOs in Africa, North America and Asia.
Gary Chandler, President: Chandler is a veteran strategist with more than 30 years of experience in marketing, public affairs and issue management. As the primary strategist, Chandler:
- Built the National Cattlemen’s Association into one of the most powerful trade organizations in the world. Generated $3 million per year in revenue with a budget of $500,000. Developed and supervised the execution of four marketing plans annually, including membership renewal, recruitment, conventions and meetings, and its travel agency. Developed national marketing campaigns in cooperation with more than 70 state and affiliate organizations around the world. Set multiple membership recruitment records. Took the organization to an all-time high of 41,000 members.
- Developed the Ambassadors In Education Award for the National Civic League. Secured sponsorship from MetLife Foundation, which has generated millions of dollars. Developed best practices and funding for public schools. Generated media coverage in 30 markets across the nation;
- Reformed Medicaid policies in Colorado. I recruited news legend Mike Wallace and Colorado’s Governor to participate in the award-winning campaign, which generated more than $1 million in media coverage and saved taxpayers millions of dollars;
- Protected patient rights and death-with-dignity laws in the United States. Generated influential news for the Hemlock Society in Time, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and other national publications. Generated interviews on Today show, CBS Evening News, Nightline, Good Morning America, CNN and many other placements worth millions of dollars;
- Developed a syndicated column and publishing company. Wrote the Language and Travel Guide to Indonesia and eight other books for New York publishers;
- Supervised crisis communications for a healthcare provider in the wake of the Columbine High School shooting in Denver. Turned the tragedy into an opportunity to build greater awareness, understanding and support for community mental health services throughout Colorado;
- Reformed state and national regulations to protect regional water quality and preserve stockholder equity for Newmont Mining;
- Reformed regulations to approve a self-funding closure plan for Newmont Mining’s uranium mine, which converted a liability into an asset;
- Influenced global policies regarding tropical timber production, which helped avert an international trade war and preserved millions of dollars of annual commerce for Indonesia;
- Generated more than $1 million dollars in sponsorships and donations for Big Brothers of Metropolitan Denver. Recruited several Denver Broncos players to help with “The Drive;”
- Earned multiple awards from the Public Relations Society of America and Reputation Management/Holmes Report for cost-effective outreach campaigns; and
- Developed global coalitions to promote forest conservation, sustainable agriculture, food safety, water quality and public health.
Crossbow Communications is an international advertising agency and public relations firm that specializes in issue management and public affairs. Crossbow has influenced public opinion, public policy and business decisions around the world. It has won state and national awards, while setting state and national records for our clients. Our founder, Gary Chandler, is the author of several books and the driving force behind several global initiatives on health, wellness, biodiversity and sustainable cities.