Our strategists have influenced public opinion, public policy and business decisions around the world. Our award-winning and record-setting team has worked with some of the most influential organizations in the world, including trade associations, political consultants, publishers, advertising agencies and public relations firms. Crossbow has worked with government, industry and NGOs in Africa, North America and Asia.
Gary Chandler, President: Chandler is a veteran strategist with more than 30 years of experience in marketing, public affairs and issue management. As the primary strategist, Chandler:
- Is spearheading three international coalitions to promote food safety, water quality, wellness, biodiversity, forest conservation, sustainable agriculture, sustainable cities, economic development and more;
- Built the National Cattlemen’s Association into one of the most powerful trade organizations in the world. Generated $3 million per year in revenue with a budget of $500,000. Developed and supervised the execution of four marketing plans annually, including membership renewal, recruitment, conventions and meetings, and its travel agency. Developed national marketing campaigns in cooperation with more than 70 state and affiliate organizations around the world. Set multiple membership recruitment records. Took the organization to an all-time high of 41,000 members;
- Sold 11 manuscripts to New York publishers about health, sustainability and travel. Led international marketing campaigns;
- Generated millions of dollars and hundreds of media placements for the National Civic League. Developed, launched and supervised the Ambassadors In Education Award and secured perpetual sponsorship from MetLife Foundation;
- Directed marketing for the National Civic League, including its All-America City Award;
- Convinced legislators to reform Medicaid policies in Colorado to improve healthcare access, while saving taxpayers millions of dollars per year. Recruited news legend Mike Wallace, Colorado’s Governor and media outlets across the state to participate in the campaign;
- Convinced state and federal regulators to approve a novel watershed protection plan that preserved stockholder equity for Newmont Mining;
- Convinced regulators to approve a mine-closure plan for Newmont Mining, which converted a major liability into a multi-million dollar asset;
- Produced a groundbreaking documentary about schizophrenia and convinced pharmaceutical companies to sponsor it. The award-winning program aired on PBS.
- Influenced global policies regarding tropical timber, which averted an international trade war and promoted forest conservation in Indonesia;
- Generated $1 million dollars in sponsorships and donations for Big Brothers of Metropolitan Denver. Recruited Denver Broncos players and media personalities to help with “The Drive;”
- Convinced legislators to protect death-with-dignity laws in the United States. Generated news in Time, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and other national publications. Generated interviews on Today, CBS Evening News, Nightline, Good Morning America, CNN and many others;
- Earned awards from the Public Relations Society of America and Reputation Management/Holmes Report for cost-effective campaigns; and
- Developed a syndicated column for newspapers around the world. The venture sparked several book contracts.
Crossbow has a network of professionals around the world who are specialists in marketing, public relations, public affairs and issue management. We will build your team to meet your needs. Our custom approach is extremely cost-effective.
Crossbow Communications is an international advertising agency and public relations firm that specializes in issue management and public affairs. Crossbow has influenced public opinion, public policy and business decisions around the world. It has won state and national awards, while setting state and national records for our clients. Our founder, Gary Chandler, is the author of several books and the driving force behind several global initiatives on health, wellness, biodiversity and sustainable cities.